Tuesday, August 23, 2005

James Blunt - Voice of a Fallen angel?


I listen to a lot of music, and all types too. But my personal favourites range from Keane, Coldplay, Jack Johnson types. Not your regular pop or rock fan. A friend once asked me if I've heard of James Blunt. I had not, but that was merely a week or so ago. I walked into my favourite music store last night and was handed this blue psychedelic looking CD. At one glance I thought, "OK, Jim Morrison's greatest hits or something." It wasn't.

It was James Blunt - Back to Bedlam. I remembered being asked if I'd heard of him, so I thought, cool... I'll have a listen. The sticker on the cover said something about good music, unique hooks, blah blah, from a voice of a fallen angel... Now I'm a fan of fallen angels... specifically John Milton's Paradise Lost, but I'll get to this in another post... so I had a listen and I'm hooked, pun not intended. This fella is good.

Another amusing thing I noticed on the CD was that This album contains lyrics of an adult nature. I like that comment... I might use it on this website sometime... This website contains ramblings of an adult nature. *sigh, enough... back to the topic at hand*

I like almost all of the songs, but my current top from this batch is You're beautiful... hmm, no... maybe Tears and Rain... oh, who cares... they're great.

You're Beautiful - James Blunt
My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw you face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.
Yeah, she caught my eye,
As we walked on by.
She could see from my face that I was,
Fucking high,
And I don't think that I'll see her again,
But we shared a moment that will last till the end.
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw you face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you.

counter statistics Free Website Counter