Sunday, December 11, 2005

It's giving up...

My ultimate driving machine is giving up. It’s 12yrs old and beginning to act its age in every area. Recently it started leaking lube and today, on my way into work, the radio gave up, which means that the whole stereo system has called it a day. Several weeks ago, the CD player ceased so the only music I could listen to is from the radio.

Now with it giving up as well, I’ve been driving in silence. And that itself raises new concerns… In the silence, I can hear the engine and gosh… it sounds rough. Certainly too rough for an ultimate driving machine. To make things worse, as I got out of the car and armed the security, there’s this thumping sound coming from the window. For BMWs, on arming the security, it will roll up any windows that were left down. It seems that something has failed and it’s trying to roll up the front driver’s window that is already up!

Sigh… I guess it’s really time for me to get off my butt, head off to the car show rooms and get a new ultimate driving machine… or maybe a Mazda 6.

counter statistics Free Website Counter