I'm diving back in... for real!
After a long hiatus, I’ve once again committed to getting back underwater. Yeah, yeah, to some of you that’s a familiar statement and I’ve made it before only to end up remaining on dry land. This time, it’ll be different, I promise.
I used to do it at least once a month, but then just stopped. Well, I think I stopped mainly cos my usual scuba buddy & I split up. Once that happened, it was just the occasional dive with the old man or flyboy and in the end we just plain stopped. Not entirely sure why, but I did, and it’s not like I’ve not had opportunities to keep on doing it. I just didn’t do it anymore.
I gotta admit, I used to be really passionate about scuba diving. I’ve dived some really exotic sites as well as the usual Malaysian sites. I’ve dived the exotics, such as Sipadan, Layang Layang, Luconia, Maldives, Krabi, Phuket, Andaman to the local sites like Perhentian, Aur, Sibu, etc.
Come to think of it, those experiences were among some of my most cherished moments. The actual dives, the time between dives, the shenanigans we’d get up to on the trips, the mischief, the dares, the books and making the logs… actually simply everything about it, simply great memories. More about all these in some future posting, me thinks. I mean, I simply have to share my encounter with dozens of Hammerhead sharks in a single dive and the time I was encircled by hundreds of Jacks or of getting disoriented by a plankton surge, the near catastrophic BCD failure on a night dive... oh yeah, definitely worth several good postings… coming soon…
This year, I’ve been close to getting back into the water several times, but this time I’m gonna make sure it will happen next week. I’m heading up to Langkawi with the footballer and we’re gonna have some fun underwater.



<< Home