Saturday, March 11, 2006

Den Haag dude, not Amsterdam.

Everytime I come to the Netherlands, it’s usually to Den Haag (The Hague) and it’s not exactly the sin city like Amsterdam is. Usually the comments I’d get would be… dude, that place is boring… make sure you hit Amsterdam and party. Well, the last time I was over this side of the world, I hadn’t exactly made that many friends from here yet or have friends around my age group, so I’d tend to agree. This time though, having worked for an Anglo-Dutch company for more than half a dozen years now, I’ve built a fair circle of friends. Friends that are pretty social and outgoing.

So it was pretty much socializing and partying every evening around Den Haag this time. My conclusion? This is one place I could spend a lot of time in... time to revisit that job posting site. It’s not exactly sin city, but it’s got its share of excitement and happening spots with a fair number of interesting action and scenery. ;)

Havana CafeSo, despite the cold… (which wasn’t too bad since I got to errr… dress up in cool looking winter coats) every night was full of ummm… socializing. The evenings were spent either at Greek restaurants like Knossos or at bars like The Fiddler or at Plein XIX and the weekend at café or clubs like the Havana Café & Tahiticlub. Pretty good clubbing scene too with happening & very friendly Dutch, Irish, Romanian and exotic Eurasians. I definitely like! =)

counter statistics Free Website Counter