Thursday, March 23, 2006

No more goofing off

I’m a lazy bum… or at least that’s what I’ve been for the past couple of years. I was going through some personal issues and basically lost motivation to be a leader and manager cos I felt it just was too much hassle and stress amidst all the stuff I was going through then. Besides, heck, for the same pay I could do what I’m doing now and not worry abt management responsibilities or having a need to show leadership qualities. Why take on the additional responsibility simply to be a “leader” with the added stress rite? Good deal no? Well, I thought so…

Unfortunately, my bosses and company doesn’t think so… cos of some crap called current expected potential or in their lingo cep. I was assessed to with a high cep many years back and during a recent re-assessment, that was re-affirmed. Now their ass is on the line to ensure that I develop accordingly. Crap. Why can’t they just give me something simple to do and leave me the hell alone to goof off? *sigh* something to do with responsibility commensurate with my job and salary group. Blasted HR conspiracy and cockamamie ideas, if u asked me.

Now I gotta step up, go for courses, start talking to a mentor again, start coaching again, meet folks in the industry and go do all that added responsibility stuff all over again. No more goofing off… damn.

counter statistics Free Website Counter