Sipadan as it happens - Final day
Some interim pix and post fellas... as it happens.
Briefly, it great to be back at SWV. This time it's with a bigger crowd though and it's not exactly pleasant - too many photographers who shove their cameras in front of my shot. As a result, too many shots have been rushed and I'm not exactly happy with the shots. Poor, considering the quality of marine life. Oh well... time to adapt and improvise. Shots to improve as days go by now that I know what to expect from my fellow divers. *grrrr...*
It's the end of day 4 now...
Day 3 was excellent but day 4 is just so bloody frustrating. It's been just bad visibility in both Sipadan and Mabul and the marine life seems to have disappeared! Turtles and white tip sharks which were overly abundant seemed to have gone missing. And according to the dive masters, they've not seen the barracuda schools for 3 weeks now. Bloody hell!
Tonite the resort was put on alert though. Apparently an 8.2 earthquake shook somewhere in the Celebes sea and the nearby towns of Semporna and Tawau has been put on Tsunami alert. Hmmm... maybe that's why the marine life seemed to have disappeared... oh well.. .1 more day of diving, 2 more days of paradise.
It's the final day...
11am and I'm chilling in paradise.
Day 5's diving was erratic. At least the Devil Rays came out to play with us in the afternoon. Unfortunately I swapped the wrong battery and ended up with out any juice in my camera as I came close to the rays. F#%@!!! Regardless, it was awesome and we made up for it in our final night party at the bar with the dive leads.
I was right though... Sipadan had a conclusion for my long overdue posting about diving... zero humility newbie instructor (from the office! some of you would know who... ;) ), diving ethics and newbie divers.
Anyway, here I am chilling out at the bar, sea breeze is blowing, sun shining and the sound of waves under the boardwalk. This is how a holiday is supposed to end. It's back to the grind tomorrow though...



<< Home