Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Music is what feelings sound like

I came across this in some quote of the day thingy. Some bloke called Michael Torke apparently said "Why waste money on psychotherapy when you can listen to the B Minor Mass?"

Some time back, Seahorse introduced me to music therapy. She used it to help reflect her moods and feelings, lift her when she was down or simply enhance the feeling when she was happy. I used to get CDs with one or 2 songs in it as a hint to what she's feeling. Since then, whenever I feel in a certain mood or certain events come up, I find that I turn to my iPod and find something I hook onto and just play it back over and over. This blog has reflected this approach often.

Sometimes words just won’t do anymore and the music speaks volumes. Today is one of those days and it also used to be a day to celebrate a birthday. Not anymore.











Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life ~ Berthold Auerbach

counter statistics Free Website Counter