Adrift in a sea of boredom...
I usually have dinner with the family on Sundays. This week, I had a craving for seafood and since it was my sister's birthday on Tuesday, I took them to Subang for crabs.
Over dinner I mentioned my plans to uproot and perhaps move to another country. Time for a change, I told them. My mom was obviously not enthusiastic about the idea. Dad chips in that I've been saying this practically all my adult life, but never saw it through. I think he was trying to quell my mom's fears that her eldest son wants to leave the country and she'll not get to see me more often. As it is, she complains that I don't visit her often enough. After all, I stay in the same city as they do, but only visit them one day in a week. That's enough, don't you think?
My sister knows I've got a severely short attention span, so she asks what I'd do if I got bored in a foreign country; to which I answered that it was for this reason that I'd decided to put in an application at work. It's a long shot, but I'm hopeful. I am bored. If you remember, this was why I decided to blog... cos life has become a little too routine and mundane.
My mom then comes up with a gem... she said, it's not a move I needed, it's an anchor in my life that's missing. That's mom-speak for drop this insane idea and go find me a new daughter-in-law instead.
There had been a few that I'd have been able to spend the rest of my life with, but one's passed on, the other doesn't want anything to do with me anymore and my dream girl, Jessica Alba simply doesn't know I exist. Some are probably eager to be in that position, but they either make my skin crawl or simply bore me to death. Now that wouldn't be a good idea. I know I said whom god loves die young, but this would simply not be a win-win situation for me at all.
Hah, an anchor indeed... nuh-uh, I'm resigned to stay adrift in a sea of boredom for the time being... and perhaps if my long shot sails in, who knows, maybe the anchor is waiting there...
On a lighter note...
A married couple was sitting in a fine restaurant when the wife looks over at a nearby table and sees a man in a drunken stupor.
The husband asks, "I notice you've been watching that man for some time now. Do you know him?"
"Yes" she replies, "He's my ex-husband, and has been drinking like that since I left him seven years ago."
"That's remarkable" her husband replies, "I wouldn't think anybody could celebrate that long."
Services will be held for Husband #2 at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Forever Green Mortuary.



<< Home