Thursday, January 12, 2006

No more wheels...

Bye Bye Beemer! Rite, after 12 years in the family, the ultimate driving machine has been sold… to some poor sod modifier who’s gonna rip out the auto and replace it with a manual transmission. So for the first time since getting my driver’s license ages ago… I actually do not have a car to my name. Not only that, I don’t have a car at all. The 407 better come soon!

So how am I getting around? Fortunately, flyboy’s back in Brunei, so I’ve got my hands on a manual 1.8 Laser TX3 for a few days. If you folks recall, when I first drove it one night, I was raving about how good it felt to be driving a manual car, downshifting and powering round a bend and all… well, I have to admit, I think it was another alcohol fueled delusion… the traffic might have influenced it a bit. I took the car for a spin and well… with the traffic and all those traffic lights… let’s just say I’m glad the 407 is another automatic. Maybe the morning’s drive to work won’t be too bad.

Anyways, it’s been a week now since putting in the booking for the 407… c’mon Nasim… where’s my car! Iron grey 407 with skirtings all round, xenon lights, tinted windows, butterfly wipers, Porsche Tiptronic gearbox system... I can’t wait… I want it now, now, now!!!

counter statistics Free Website Counter