Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Comic strips

Bored as usual and just plain surfing, I came across this hilarious webcomic site Least I could do. It focuses on sexual comedy and has been around since 2001 apparently. And they’ve got a couple of books out too. Well worth checking out. Here’s one that I liked… *grin*

click for a larger image

Speaking of comic strips, Calvin & Hobbes was my all-time favourite. Like many millions the world over, I was saddened when the strip ended at the end of 1995. Incidently, I came across an article about the incredibly private Bill Watterson on CNN.

But if you ask me, it was a plug for the recently released three volume “The complete Calvin and Hobbes”, which apparently contains every single strip of Calvin & Hobbes.

As many would know, Calvin was the ultimate precocious 6year old and Hobbes was his best friend, pet tiger, stuffed companion. Their antics and some of their quips are just so classic. I have so many favourites from this strip I can't begin to list them. Maybe in some future post.

Another favourite of mine and thankfully still in current circulation is Zits by Jerry Scott and Jim Borgman. Based on the exploits of a 15-year old teenager, his circle of friends and his parents, this comic strip focuses on teenage and growing up insecurities and to a large extent the relationships many teenagers share with their parents. As I understand it's won a few awards and if you ask me, they were very well deserved.

Like Calvin & Hobbes previously, Zits is also available in paperback, with Pimp my Lunch: sketchbook #10 released recently. Both Calvin & Hobbes and Zits always cracks me up and would have me laughing away without fail whenever I pick up any of the books, regardless of the mood I'm in. Classics and well worth owning and keeping.

counter statistics Free Website Counter