Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Thank you for the Rose

Sometimes when I go off for a holiday, I’d inform my newspaper fella to hold the deliveries. This time, I forgot. I was away for the entire weekend and only got back on Monday afternoon. By then, there are 3 copies of the daily paper lying on my driveway.

This morning though I found my paper folded over on my gate and wedged between the pages, a surprise. There was a single red rose wrapped with a ribbon, wedged between the pages. As I was already late and had been away from work 2 days now, I didn’t give it much more thought and left the rose on the chair in my driveway. I’d forgotten about it all day until I got home this evening and saw it again, albeit not as fresh as this morning.

So what was this rose doing wedged in my newspaper? No accompanying note, no indication who it's from... An appreciation from my newsagent? Can’t be… I think I’ve not been home for him to collect the last 2 month’s bill… princess seems to think it’s from a secret admirer… if it is, then I’ve been getting myself into trouble again… *sigh*

In any case, whatever it was for and whomever it was from, I guess I have to say Thank You. So…

To whomever, for whatever… Thank you for the rose.

counter statistics Free Website Counter