How is the economy?
Last Friday turned out to be a minor challenge… the old man was back in town and his car was still at the workshop. So flyboy’s TX3 was with him. That posed a small problem for me then, as I needed to be at the flipping car showroom again to sign more documents to finance the 407.
What else to do but call for a taxi, rite? After all, having lived on my own for so long now, I basically choose to rely on my own devices and that meant I don’t call on too many favours. Besides, not everyone is a slacker like me and were all at work somewhere.
Anyway, the cabbie that picked me up turned out to be quite a chatterbox. I’d barely settled into the cab and informed him where I’d needed to be when he asked “How is the economy in this new year?” Yeah, so my 10min journey to the showroom was all about:
- The price hike of vegetables – uh, ok it costs almost an arm and a leg for chillies now? Yuh-huh.
- A conspiracy to kill the brilliant minds in the country – rite, the 2-ton mould was pushed off intentionally? Must have involved a brawny, yet brilliant mathematician, huh?
- Priorities of the younger generation – there is simply no loyalty now… huh? 5-year long service award? Pension fund… what’s that?
- Profitability of a certain car importer – Oh c’mon, I’m buying a new car, let’s not talk about how they are over pricing cars in this country…
- Puppet masters that really rule and govern countries – I ain’t saying a word more about this… *shhhh*… the walls have ears…
Rite… all these from a cabbie… It’s no wonder that they have TV series about cabbies from all around the world! But then again, I could have just kept quiet and killed the conversation, but I’m always a sucker for a conversation anyway …
That done, I’ve also paid out the remaining balance for the 407. So, nothing holding them back from delivering it to me soon… alas, it’s now well past 10 days… and still no sign of the four-oh-seven… damn car importers!



<< Home