Splat!
What does it take to pick oneself up and move on? The Torino winter Olympics are about to begin in less than a month and the tv’s been showing ads for it… there’s this skier that takes a tumble whilst flying downhill at breakneck speed, landing in the barriers in what seemed like a horrific fall. Then the words flash… it’s easy to fall and so much harder to pick oneself up and we’re told that the fella taking the tumble not only picked himself up but won 2 gold medals after. I guess that’s why people keep at it no matter the fall. Sort of flows along with my credo of everything will work itself out, rite?
So what happens when you’re not hurtling down at breakneck pace, but know you’re at the precipice and the fall’s gonna be a heckuva bad one? You take steps to protect yourself, rite? Some I guess press the matter and get someone to push you over and some even don’t think… just jump. So when the fall comes, it’ll be easier to pick up and move on? Or hope that your angels swoop down and grab you before you go splat? Or just let the fall come, cos everything will work out in the end anyway?
The thing is, why be at the precipice at all in the first place rite? So what if it’s a beautiful mountain? One doesn’t have to climb it just cos it’s there rite? When you go up… u’re just gonna come back down in one way or other… sounds silly to keep at it… I think I’ll stick to diving… it’s safer I think.
Speaking of diving… off to Sipadan on Sunday… woohoo!





<< Home